Lemon-Cranberry Loaf Cake
- Preparation : 20 min
- Cooking : 50 min
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1 3/4 cup flour + 1 Tbsp flour
- 1/4 cup butter, at room temp
- 2/3 cup sugar (I reduced to 2/3 cup)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp lemon zest
- 3 tbsp lemon jus
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 vanilla yogourt (I used 2% fage)
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds (optional)
A moist lemony cake studded with fresh cranberries.
- Preheat the oven to 375.
- Spray a 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Toss the cranberries with 1 Tbsp flour and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy, 2-3 minutes.
- Add the eggs, the lemon zest and jus and beat until thoroughly combined.
- Stir together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add half of the mixture and mix on low speed just until combined.
- Add half of the yogourt and mix on low speed just until combined.
- Add the remaining flour, mixing just until combined, and then the remaining yogourt.
- Add cranberries and mix a few seconds longer.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake 50-60 minutes, until a skewer comes out with moist crumbs attached.
- Cool the cake for 15 minutes and then remove it from the pan.
- Slice into ~10 slices to serve.
- Store leftovers tightly wrapped, will keep ~3 days.