Little chanteurs de pomme
- Preparation : 15 min
- Cooking : 10 min
- 5 Ripe Apples
- 2 tablespoons fresh Lemon Juice
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- 2 tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Beaten Egg
- ¾ cup of Milk
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon Baking Powder
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- a pinch of Salt
*** For 10 people ***
This recipe originates in the times of New France, but nowadays it has been altered in order to enrich its modern flavor and color.
- Peel the apples, remove the core and cut into ½ cm thick slices. Sprinkle with lemon juice and leave aside.
- Mix together the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- Add the milk gradually, then the vanilla extract and the egg, mix all the ingredients well until you obtain a smooth paste.
- Dip each apple slice in the paste.
- Bake them in a non-stick pan until golden (approx. 2 min on each side).
- Serve with a juice coulis and decorate with apple pieces.